| || ||
Spinal disorders have been a passion of mine since my college days as a biomedical engineer, a passion I have carried on throughout my career. Nothing is more rewarding than helping patients improve their lives, whether addressing a complex problem, or developing ways to address common spinal disorders in a minimally invasive way, thereby minimizing the risk and pain associated with surgery.
This passion for spinal surgery has helped me develop new techniques and instruments, and to educate myself about all aspects of spinal care, including nonsurgical approaches. I enjoy working with patients to educate them about their condition and treatment choices, and helping patients choose a path which is right for their lifestyle.
Summary of Qualifications
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Medical Degree: Indiana University School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Residency: University of Cincinnati Department of Surgery
- Neurosurgery Residency: University of Cincinnati Department of Surgery
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship: UPMC Presbyterian, Pittsburgh, PA
- Advanced Training: Artificial lumbar disc, artificial cervical disc, spinal instrumentation
- Honors & Awards: Deans Honor Scholarship, E.B. Rinker Scholarship, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society, Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Extensive Publications, Research & Presentations
- Member: Neurosurgical Society of America, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, National Association of Spine Surgeons, Oregon Medical Association, Lane County Medical Society